Edward's specialises in corporate finance and corporate restructuring. He has advised extensively on joint ventures, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital investments, interested party transactions. He has also prepared shareholders’ circulars for companies listed on the Singapore Exchange.
Edward’s expertise encompasses technology transfer and intellectual property which includes a stint as a university technology transfer officer. He continues to advise institutes of higher learning and technology companies in technology protection strategies, technology licensing and research collaboration. Edward’s track record of advising on numerous projects in the area of technology commercialisation have led to several multi-million dollar institutional investments.
Edward is dual-qualified in English and Singapore law. Edward qualified as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore in 1993 and as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2009.
● Represented Ksuaba Pte. Ltd. in its US$15.3 million joint venture with Hong Kong Exchange listed Fullshare Limited.
● Represented Big Box Pte. Ltd. in the $15 million bond invitation
● Led the acquisition of the Pan Group by Connexionsasia Pte. Ltd.
● Led in the $57 million private equity invitation by Utraco Investment Pte. Ltd.
● Represented Utraco Investment Pte. Ltd. and Prima Limited in a $187 million joint-venture with TT International Limited
● Represented Inphosoft Pte. Ltd. in the deemed reverse takeover of TSX Venture Exchange listed GINSMS Inc.
● Advised Utraco Greentech Pte. Ltd. in the sale of one of the properties which formed the initial portfolio for the listing of Sabana Shari’ah Compliant REIT
● Advised an American multinational on the purchase of a significant stake in a company listed on the Singapore Exchange
● Advised a China based company on the listing of its Singapore holding vehicle on the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange
● Advised a Vietnamese investment fund on the purchase of two prestigious internationally managed hotels in Hanoi
● Advised the seller in the acquisition of South Seas Inspection (S) Pte. Ltd. by National Oilwell Varco, Inc.
● Advised a holding company in the structuring of a US$388 million investment for a green-field a power-plant in India
● Advised the purchaser in an acquisition of a power-plan in the Philippines from Lindeteves-Jacoberg Limited
● Advised a Germany multinational on a US$3.5 billion joint venture investment
LLB (Hons) (NUS), MBA (NUS)
Advocate & Solicitor, Singapore
Registered Patent Agent, Singapore
Commissioner for Oaths, Singapore
Solicitor (England & Wales) (Non-Practising)